Dr. Agarwal on Cohort 6 Results ​From the COSMIC-021 Trial in mCRPC | OncLive

Dr. Agarwal on Cohort 6 Results ​From the COSMIC-021 Trial in mCRPC

June 29, 2020

Neeraj Agarwal, MD, discusses the results from the cohort 6 analysis of the COSMIC-021 trial in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer​.

Neeraj Agarwal, MD, professor of medicine, and director of the Genitourinary Oncology Program, Huntsman Cancer Institute, discusses the results from the cohort 6 analysis of the COSMIC-021 trial in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer​ (mCRPC).

Cohort 6 was one of the original cohorts in the COSMIC-021 trial Eligible patients had to have progressive soft tissue disease, ​but not necessarily prostate-specific antigen progression, says Agarwal. Men with mCRPC often experience aggressive disease.

After seeing encouraging efficacy data, cohort 6 was expanded to include 130 patients, ​explains Agarwal.

At the 2020 ASCO Virtual Scientific Program, an overall response rate of 32% was observed with the combination of cabozantinib (Cabometyx)* and atezolizumab ​(Tecentriq) in 44 men with mCRPC, Agarwal explains. Additionally, 48% of patients experienced stable disease.* The disease control rate was 80%. The median duration of objective response was 8.3 months, Agarwal adds. These data appear* promising. The combination is being evaluated in a​n international phase 3 trial. 


x