In addition, rituximab is a good partner agent for ibrutinib, bortezomib (Velcade), lenalidomide (Revlimid) and temsirolimus (Torisel), significantly contributing to improved ORR and complete response rate, based on a composite analysis. “When you have a drug that works on lymphoma, the no-brainer next thing is to add rituximab,” he said.
<<< 2019 International Congress on Hematologic Malignancies
- Rule S. What is the goal for patients with mantle cell lymphoma: long remission or cure? Presented at: 23rd Annual International Congress on Hematologic Malignancies®; February 28-March 1, 2019; Miami Beach, Fla.
- McCulloch R, Berrow M, Wainman B, Crosbie N, Pettitt, Rule S. Population based observational study demonstrates significant increase in watch-and-wait for newly diagnosed mantle cell lymphoma. Presented at: 2018 American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting; December 2, 2018; San Diego. Abstract 2877.
- Hermine O, Hoster E, Walewski J, et al. Addition of high-dose cytarabine to immunochemotherapy before autologous stem-cell transplantation in patients aged 65 years or younger with mantle cell lymphoma (MCL Younger): a randomised, open-label, phase 3 trial of the European Mantle Cell Lymphoma Network. 2016;388(10044):565-575. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(16)00739-X.
- Gerson JN, Handorf E, Villa D, et al. Survival outcomes of younger patients with mantle cell lymphoma treated in the rituximab era. January 2019. Published online at JCO.org. doi: 10.1200/JCO.18.00690.
- Eskelund CW, Dahl C, Hansen JW, et al. TP53 mutations identify younger mantle cell lymphoma patients who do not benefit from intensive chemoimmunotherapy. Blood. 2017. doi: 10.1182/blood-2017-04-779736.